Curtin University launched a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) on “Disciplined Approach to Social Entrepreneurship”. This course will benefit individuals who are passionate about social justice and creating social impacts with a view to transforming the lives of the under served. Runa Khan is among the four highly successful social entrepreneurs who have generously shared their insights and experiences in this course.
From social entrepreneurs, to those employed in a not-for-profit and entrepreneurs who value corporate social responsibility/sustainability within a business/government; this course will help them gain the relevant knowledge, tools, and skill-sets to further their passion for social change. Throughout the course, the participants will learn to apply the 24 steps of a disciplined approach
to social entrepreneurship, from ideation to development of the product plan.
After completing this course, the participant will be able to:
- Summarise the importance of social entrepreneurship
- Explain how social entrepreneurships differ from traditional entrepreneurships
- Use design thinking to generate solutions for a social problem
- Delineate the characteristics of effective social entrepreneurs
- Explore the different types of social entrepreneurships including structures and business models
- Apply the disciplined entrepreneurship approach from ideation to developing the product plan
The course is available on the edX platform for users across the globe to enroll free of charge: https://www.edx.org/course/disciplined-approach-to-social-entrepreneurship